header-left
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 0975-2019    Version: 1
Type: Ordinance Status: Passed
File created: 3/29/2019 In control: Recreation & Parks Committee
On agenda: 4/29/2019 Final action: 5/2/2019
Title: To authorize the Director of the Recreation and Parks Department to accept grant funding in the amount of $135,686.00 from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Recreational Trails Program for the construction of an urban singletrack trail at Berliner Park; and to declare an emergency. ($0.00)
Explanation

This ordinance authorizes the Director of the Recreation and Parks Department to accept grant funding in the amount of $135,686.00 from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources Recreational Trails Program for the construction of an urban singletrack trail at Berliner Park.

Background: Legislation was previously approved to authorize the Department to apply for this grant under Ordinance 0126-16. This ordinance shall authorize the City of Columbus to be bound by the terms of the Grant Agreement as they relate to the Property, including the obligation that the Property must be retained and used for public recreation purposes. The use of the Property shall not be changed from that approved when Recreational Trails Program assistance was obtained without prior written approval from ODNR. A notice of the grant agreement shall be recorded with Franklin County.

This project will develop up to 3 miles of urban singletrack natural surface trail and a bike skills area along the Scioto River corridor south of Greenlawn Ave. The Berliner Singletrack will be the first professionally designed and built all-weather natural surface trail inside the 270 outerbelt of Columbus, Ohio. This project will provide an active outdoor experience for all ages and social groups near downtown Columbus directly accessible by the Central Ohio Greenways trail system and public transportation.

The grant amount is not to exceed $135,686.00 which is for 72% of total project costs with the City of Columbus being responsible for the remaining funds (grant match) of at least 28% of total project costs. Future legislation will be submitted for appropriating the final construction costs from CIP funds for the grant match.

Principal Parties:
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
2045 Morse Rd, E-2
Columbus, OH 43229
D’Juan Hammonds 614.265.6417 ...

Click here for full text